March 6 – April 3, 2019
Village House returns to St Frances Cabrini March 6 to April 3, 2019. Thanks to the men and women who have volunteered at our Parish and throughout the Network, Village House has demonstrated remarkable success in changing the lives of our guests. We hope you will join us as we work to deliver life changing results to our guests this year.
Total of 51 participants.
• As of 6/30/2018, 14 are actively in the program. 37 have been discharged.
• 13 were discharged to permanent housing, either a rental or living stably with family or friends.
(35% discharge rate into permanent housing)
• 14 were discharged to other programs – some because their time ran out, some because they needed a higher level of care
(38% discharge rate into other programs)
• 3 were discharged to institutional care (ie hospital, nursing home or custody)
(8% discharge rate into institutions)
• 3 were discharged to the street
(8% discharge back to homelessness)
• 4 left to unknown destinations
(11% unknown status at discharge)
• 76% of graduates went into another safe and stable place
• 7 people were discharged for rule violations – 3 for substance use, 2 for confrontational behavior, 2 for attendance issues
35 women stayed for at least a month. Out of these:
• 32 had increased medical visits resulting in better medical adherence, improved health outcomes and reduced health crisis events
• Out of the 18 that had a history of substance use, 15 showed improved sobriety
• 5 got permanent stable income
• 9 secured employment
• 1 completed an IT training course and got certified as a programmer.
• 6 attended regular psychotherapy, resulting in improved mental health and decreased trauma symptoms
• 3 achieved resolution of legal issues
• 13 reconciled with family in a meaningful way
Shortest time – 1 night
Longest time – 365 nights
Average time graduates spent in program – 107 nights (this doesn’t include current guests)