Couples must contact the priest they wish to witness the sacrament at least six months prior to the proposed date of the wedding. Contact Father James Okafor or Father Vincent Dang at (408) 879-1120. To book a day in the church for your wedding here at SFC, you must be working with a priest as they will guide you through the process.
Marriage Enrichment “Date Night”
Date Night is a ministry for engaged and married couples offering monthly opportunities for Fellowship, Formation and Enrichment held here at SFC.
We welcome you to contact Chris and Ann Aguilar by email: email@example.com or by phone at (408) 356-7642.
Marriage Preparation at St. Frances Cabrini
For couples preparing for marriage, SFC offers a program where, after the conversation with the priest, the engaged couple meets individually with the Married Preparation Coordinating Couple who will mentor and facilitate discussions on topics including Marriage as a Sacrament, God’s Plan for Marriage and the Lived Experience of Marriage.
The program consists of:
- An Initial phone or video call, to share information and set up sessions
- FOCCUS Pre-Marital Inventory, to be completed by the Bride and Groom online, individually, BEFORE the first In-Person Session
(link provided after the Initial phone or video call)
- Two Four-hour Sessions (In-Person) minimum, typically a week apart
- Sessions include discussions and videos from Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage (Augustine Press) and address FOCCUS inventory results
- Dates/times are flexible, based on the schedules of both the engaged couple and mentor/facilitator couple
- Natural Family Planning Introduction Class, scheduled independently and taught by certified instructors through the Diocese of San Jose:
Cost of the Program: $130 (itemized below)
- FOCCUS – $25/couple, paid directly to FOCCUS when registering to complete the inventory
- Couple’s Workbook, Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage, $30/couple, paid to mentor/facilitator couple at first In-Person Session
- Natural Family Planning Introduction Class – $75/couple, paid directly to DSJ when registering for the class
For more information contact: Chris & Ann Aguilar, Marriage Preparation Coordinators by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by cell at (408) 748-4761.
Marriage License Information
Before a Marriage Ceremony can take place, both parties must first obtain a Marriage License from the County Clerk-Recorder’s Office. The Marriage License must not be issued more than 90 days prior to the wedding date. The Marriage License is best requested from the County of current or future residence. Please check your respective county’s website for their fees and services.
Information for Santa Clara County: https://clerkrecorder.sccgov.org/services-we-provide/apply-marriage-license
Santa Clara County Clerk-Recorder’s Office
70 West Hedding St
East Wing, First Floor
San Jose, CA 95110
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Applying for a Marriage License
Requirements to apply for a Marriage License:
- two unmarried persons must appear in-person and
- be 18 years of age or older (valid government-issued picture identification is required)
Appointments are suggested, but not required. You can book an appointment through the online portal at the link here.
Santa Clara County requests that you fill out an online application before appearing in-person to receive the license.
Once you’ve appeared at the County Office, you will receive the following documents from the clerk:
- A Marriage License
- An envelope pre-addressed to the County Clerk-Recorder
You must give these items to the Priest or Deacon performing your marriage ceremony. That person will complete the rest of the information on your license and have your witness (es) sign in the appropriate boxes. If the marriage is being recorded at St. Frances Cabrini, the parish office will mail in the signed marriage license to the County within 10 days from your marriage. The County of Santa Clara will mail out the Marriage Certificate within 3-6 weeks after receiving the signed document.
15333 Woodard Rd.
San Jose, CA 95124
Office (408) 879-1120
Fax (408) 377-3587
Parish Center Open:
Woodard Rd & Camden Ave
Convenant of Love
Young Adult Ministry
Advisory Councils & Committees