The St. Frances Cabrini Parish Department of Religious Education (also referred to as the “Catechetical Ministry”), facilitates the lifelong process of deepening our Catholic Faith. There is an ongoing need for committed volunteers to assist with the October through May programs for students in grades K-12. All Catholics familiar with the truths of the Faith and regularly participating in parish sacramental life are encouraged to volunteer to share their gifts. To Volunteer please contact Mrs. Schenck, the Parish Director of Religious Education at 408-377-2111.
St. Frances Cabrini Parish Religious Education Classes
(Dates Subject to Change)
- Grade K-6th – Wednesday Classes 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM
- Grades 7th-12th – Wednesday Classes, 6:15 PM to 7:30 PM (Classroom Catechesis)
- All – Attending Saturday or Sunday Masses (Liturgical Catechetics/Worship)
- Note: Parent meetings are required if the student is enrolled in a Sacrament year
- View our Calendar which includes the Religious Education class schedule, important dates and holidays
For more information about Religious Education programs at St. Frances Cabrini Parish, please contact Mrs. Schenck, the Parish Director of Religious Education at 408-377-2111.
2019 -2020 Programs Underway
Children’s Liturgy of the Word, called CLOW, has begun during the 9:30 AM Sunday Mass so that children in grades Kinder to 5th can hear the reading in age-appropriate language. Seventh grade and up can help volunteer and earn service hours. Please join us!
Mrs. Schenck will be in the vestibule after the 9:30 AM Mass with registration forms for Rel Ed classes and Sacraments.
Register now for classes as they are starting soon.
Just a heads up that Fiesta will be coming October 4th, 5th, and 6th and high school youth can help in the Soda/Water Booth for service hours. Every adult working in the Soda Booth must sign a waiver form.
The St. Frances Cabrini Parish Department of Religious Education (also referred to as the “Catechetical Ministry”), facilitates the lifelong process of deepening our Catholic Faith. For more information contact Joan Schenck, DRE • email@example.com
The Religious Education Program has now ended the 2018 – 2019 school year!
SFC Parishioners Honored at Saint Pius X Awards Banquet
The History of Religious Education – Formerly “CCD”
The Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD) was mandated for every diocese and parish of the Catholic Church to provide education in the faith for the young, converts, and those otherwise unable to benefit from the parochial school system. This is accomplished as Religious Education under the immediate supervision of our Pastor and Director of Religious Education. The term “CCD” is no longer used, but referred to as either Catechetical Ministry or Religious Education.
- Be courteous to all
- Respect others property (do not touch other students’ desks, backpacks, personal belongings, or possessions inside desks)
- Classroom Behavior:
- No running in the halls
- Clean up your own mess
- Ask teacher for permission to leave the classroom (for any reason)
- Follow your teacher’s rules for watching a movie
- The following are OFF LIMITS to students without the teacher’s permission:
- Teachers desk and tables, aides desk, books and podium area
- All computers and other multimedia equipment (TV’s, VCR’s, Laptops, Projectors, etc…)
- Lights, air conditioner and heater switches
- Phone (in emergency dial 3001)
- Writing or coloring on white boards
Youth & Life Teens Ministry
“Leading Teens Closer to Christ”
There are two Life Teen youth groups. The first is a Jr. High group (grades 7 & 8), and the second is a High School group (grades 9-12). Participants enjoy movie nights, theme social nights, service projects, retreats and more!
St. Frances Cabrini Parish also holds a Life Teen Youth Mass every Saturday at 5:00 p.m. which includes our youth choir. For more information about the Youth & Life Teen program at St. Frances Cabrini Parish and upcoming youth events, please contact Mrs. Schenck, the Parish Director of Religious Education at 408-377-2111.