The St. Frances Cabrini Parish Department of Religious Education (also referred to as the “Catechetical Ministry”), facilitates the lifelong process of deepening our Catholic Faith. There is an ongoing need for committed volunteers to assist with the October through May programs for students in grades K-12. All Catholics familiar with the truths of the Faith and regularly participating in parish sacramental life are encouraged to volunteer to share their gifts. To volunteer, please contact Joan Schenck, Director of Religious Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Frances Cabrini Parish Religious Education Classes
(Dates Subject to Change)
- Grade K-6th – Wednesday Classes 5:00 PM to 6:15 PM
- Grades 7th-12th – Wednesday Classes, 6:15 PM to 7:30 PM (Classroom Catechesis)
- All – Attending Saturday or Sunday Masses (Liturgical Catechetics/Worship)
- Note: Parent meetings are required if the student is enrolled in a Sacrament year
- View our Calendar which includes the Religious Education class schedule, important dates and holidays
Signups are online for 2020/2021 Religious Education Classes
- Grades 1 & 2 – Matthew Shafer.
- Grade 3 – Heidi Druist
- Grades 4 & 5 – Mary Ellen Poirier
- Grades 6 & 7 – Linda Brady
- Grades 8 – 12, includes Confirmation – Mrs. Schenck
Welcome to The Table of The Lord
It is like no other year, this “2020” year that no one will ever forget. As some of our community may not be aware, St. Frances Cabrini Parish recently celebrated many First Holy Communion Masses celebrating up to five student communicants daily during our outdoor 8:30am Mass. Many, but not all, of our delayed second graders in the school and Religious Education program chose to sign up during July and August before they begin their next school year.
The Pandemic, worst disease in 100 years, took us all away abruptly from our annual First Holy Communion plans. Bishop Oscar Cantu graciously deferred the Sacrament of Reconciliation until face to face Confessions could safely resume. Some families took their child to other churches that offered “Drive by Confessions” before signing up for their First Holy Communion.
Fr. Joe and Fr. Gabriel graciously received the first communicants by welcoming them to our church community on their very special day. We are so proud of the families who worked through the obstacles and kept the six feet distances, brought their chairs and wore their masks. Parents are the primary catechists of their children in faith formation. We wish to thank the families, parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, extended family members and friends who supported them.
Thank you so much,
Mrs. Schenck & Mrs. Figone
Welcome to the table of the Lord…