“Do not neglect hospitality, for through it some have unknowingly entertained angels.” (Hebrews 13:2)
The mission of the SFC Ministry of Hospitality is to provide and promote a welcoming environment of love, acceptance, support, and comfort within the parish community.
- To enhance the faith of the parish community, strengthen attendance at Mass, and provide avenues for involvement in parish ministries, organizations, and activities.
- To reach out to new parishioners, provide hospitality, and support to Parish community members.
- To create and sustain programs to make the parish a welcoming community.
- To create and implement a spiritual outreach program to help welcome back people to the Church, especially inactive parishioners.
- Active parishioners willing to share their gifts of time and talent in planning and implementing the committee’s goals.
- Members should be available for monthly or other required meetings when needed.
- Members should be available to attend events and programs the committee organizes.
- Members should be willing to recruit volunteers to help out in the hospitality programs.
The committee helps to organize these programs:
- Periodic events to welcome new parishioners.
- Hosting periodic events to create opportunities for parishioners to share fellowship and socialize after Mass and other occasions.
- Assistance to parishioners who are going through an illness or injury and may need temporary help with a meal or a ride.
- Visiting or sending cards to those who are ill or homebound for some other reason.
- Working with other Parish Ministries when help is needed with food or refreshments at one of their events.
- Supporting the ushers and greeters on various duties, which allow the Masses to flow smoothly and parishioners to have a positive and prayerful experience.