Greeters Are The First Face of St. Frances Cabrini Parish
New volunteers are welcome to join the Greeter Ministry. You will become the first face someone sees when a visitor or potential new parishioner comes to St. Frances Cabrini parish. Here is a brief outline of the Ministry Duties:
Duties – Before Mass
- Get to church ~15 minutes before Mass
- Get your name tag from the library.
- Go to your assigned position: If you are needed elsewhere or a legacy-greeter wants a certain spot, please be gracious.
- Greet people! Smile! Say Hi, ask them how they are, open the door for them, help people up the stairs or ramp, if they need it. Make people feel welcome and that they matter to us as a parish (because they do!!)
- Be helpful
- Leave your name tag on during Mass
Positions – Before Mass
- S=side by Mary: 1 greeter
- P=plaza: 3-4 greeters
- V=vestibule: 2-3 greeters
- I=info center in vestibule: 1 greeter
Stand by the forms on the wall. Please answer any questions people have about the parish. It’s ok to ask the priest (especially after Mass) if you get a question you cannot answer.
Duties – After Mass
- After Communion, go to your position
- Give out bulletins
- Say goodbye to people
- Wish them a good day or something similar
- Greeters in the front open the double doors, inside and out, once the recessional song begins.
- Return name tags to the library
Positions – After Mass
- S=side by Mary: stand by the same door
- P=plaza: go to middle or back side doors
- V=vestibule: stand by the same doors
- I=info center in vestibule: none
- A relatively new Parish endeavor
- Work in conjunction with Greeters
- Information Table Duties are found here: (information table duties).
If any questions arise, please contact James Sawaya 650-862-8804 or firstname.lastname@example.org