St. Frances Cabrini Parish has many ways you can get involved with both the church and our parish community:
- Altar Server Ministry (Children’s) – Youth (grades 4-8 from the school and parish) who regularly attend Mass at St. Frances Cabrini Parish, are invited to participate in this ministry, which involves assisting our priests at the celebration of the Eucharist.
- Altar Society and Church Environment – The Altar Society manages the church decor, schedules weekly cleaning, and helps with seasonal decorations. The members volunteer their time to help create a clean, neat and prayerful atmosphere in our church.
- Bible Study – Bible Study is held on Tuesday mornings from 10:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon) in the Parish Center and on Thursday evenings from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 PM.
- Catechetical – Share the Catholic Faith as a teacher and become a Catechist.
- Catechetical Formation – The St. Frances Cabrini Parish Department of Religious Education (also referred to as the “Catechetical Ministry”), facilitates the lifelong process of deepening our Catholic Faith.
- Choir/Music Ministry – The children’s and teen’s choir groups sing at Mass each Sunday and practice throughout the year. These choir groups also sing at special liturgical celebrations such as Easter and Christmas. Children, teens and young adults who enjoy singing are always welcome. The 11:30AM Adult Choir is a group of dedicated men and women who give their talent to enhance the Liturgical Services of our parish. If you have a musical talent, can sing or play an instrument and wish to participate in any of the St Frances Cabrini Choirs, contact the music leads noted.
- Covenant Of Love – Date Night is a ministry for Engaged and Married Couples at SFC offering monthly opportunities for Fellowship, Formation and Enrichment.
- Cursillo – Cursillo combines prayer, learnings, heartfelt talks, good food, and fun. You’ll meet people just like you who desire a stronger Catholic-Christian Faith. Leaders and speakers have a passion for the Faith.
- Eucharistic Ministry – These parishioners assist at Mass with distributing the Body and Blood of Christ at Mass. They also help to bring Communion to our homebound. Training is required
- Evangelization – works to help the Parish fulfill its’ Mission Statement: Worship God, Love Others, Make Disciples and Educate the Young.
- Funerals – We help family members plan a liturgical celebration in our Church that will be a commemoration of the loved one’s earthly life and a proclamation of their entrance into eternal life.
- Greeters – The Greeter Ministry volunteers are the first face someone sees when a visitor or potential new parishioner comes to St. Frances Cabrini parish. Greeters are friendly and project a warm welcome to our parish.
- Lectors – Lectors and Commentators are needed to proclaim the Word of God to the SFC Community at every Mass.
- Liturgy Committee – This committee works with the pastor and music director in planning and evaluating major aspects of seasonal worship and recommending policies for the various liturgical ministries. Members are appointed by the pastor.
- Ministry to the Sick and Homebound – offers spiritual support and visitation by bringing Holy Communion to our parish family who are sick and homebound and unable to join us in the Eucharistic celebration especially on Sunday.
- Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) – RCIA is the post Vatican II restoration of an ancient process that invites adults who are not Catholic to discover Jesus Christ and be fully joined to the Catholic Church.
- Ushers – These parishioners are a key aspect of hospitality at our parish. Ushers greet people before Mass, help them find seating, take up the Offertory Collection, and distribute bulletins after Mass.
- Young Adult Ministry – Coming soon, our SFC young adult faith-sharing program for ages 18 to 34.
- Youth Ministry – Youth ministry is a group for high school teens and their friends to come for fellowship and to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Our goal is to empower the youth of our parish to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
15333 Woodard Rd.
San Jose, CA 95124
Office (408) 879-1120
Fax (408) 377-3587
Parish Center Open:
Woodard Rd & Camden Ave
Convenant of Love
Young Adult Ministry
Advisory Councils & Committees