Posts By: NewSFC
New volunteers are welcome to join the Greeter Ministry. You will become the first face someone sees when a visitor or potential new parishioner comes to St. Frances Cabrini parish. Here is a brief outline of the Ministry Duties:
Duties – Before Mass
- Get to church ~15 minutes before Mass
- Get your name tag from the library.
- Go to your assigned position: If you are needed elsewhere or a legacy-greeter wants a certain spot, please be gracious.
- Greet people! Smile! Say Hi, ask them how they are, open the door for them, help people up the stairs or ramp, if they need it. Make people feel welcome and that they matter to us as a parish (because they do!!)
- Be helpful
- Leave your name tag on during Mass
Positions – Before Mass
- S=side by Mary: 1 greeter
- P=plaza: 3-4 greeters
- V=vestibule: 2-3 greeters
- I=info center in vestibule: 1 greeter
Stand by the forms on the wall. Please answer any questions people have about the parish. It’s ok to ask the priest (especially after Mass) if you get a question you cannot answer.
Duties – After Mass
- After Communion, go to your position
- Give out bulletins
- Say goodbye to people
- Wish them a good day or something similar
- Greeters in the front open the double doors, inside and out, once the recessional song begins.
- Return name tags to the library
Positions – After Mass
- S=side by Mary: stand by the same door
- P=plaza: go to middle or back side doors
- V=vestibule: stand by the same doors
- I=info center in vestibule: none
- A relatively new Parish endeavor
- Work in conjunction with Greeters
- Information Table Duties are found here: (information table duties).
If any questions arise, please contact James Sawaya 650-862-8804 or email@example.com
The Assyrian Catholics Organization of St. Frances Cabrini was formed in 2011 to unite the Assyrian parishioners under one pure Catholic family by preserving and strengthening our faith in a peaceful spiritual environment. Join with the Community June 17 to celebrate Father’s Day at SFC. The time and location will be announced shortly.
Other events planned for the remainder of 2018 include:
Children’s Vacation Bible School – July 23-27
Dukhrana D Mart-Maryam – August 19
Food Festival (Fiesta) – Oct 5 – 7
Dukhrana D Mar Gewargis – Sunday November 4
Christmas Bazaar – Sunday December 23, After the Mass
A weekly Mass at 1:00 PM is open to all and we welcome your participation in our worship and our organization.
The 16th Annual Frank Guidace Memorial Bocce Tournament is planned for Saturday July 7th at SFC.
Saturday, July 7th, 2018
8:30am – Coffee/Donuts/Registration
9:00am – Tournament Start
12:00pm – Lunch included with entry fee
1:00pm – Resume Tournament Finals
• 8 – 12 team maximum, 2 or 3 team minimum play
• 4 person teams
• Round Robin, 3 – 4 games per team minimum play
• Time limit on game, 45 minutes (so all can play)
• Abided by the U.S. Bocce Western Open Rules
• $50 fee per player
• $15 fee for lunch “non-players” & all volunteers
• Prizes for 1st Place $200, 2nd Place $150, and 3rd Place $50
• Perpetual trophy
• Got questions? Call Esther Ramonda (408) 559-4669
or Aldine Grisenti (408) 559-1242
• Mail Payments: Esther Ramonda, 2853 Via Carmen, San Jose CA 95124 (Check payable to: ICF 191)
REPLY BY JUNE 30, 2018
Team Name: ICF Branch #
Player #1 Captain
Contact Phone Number
Handing in a facility request form for any singular or multiple events at SFC is required! No event will be placed on the calendar without a facility request form that has been either emailed or handed in to the parish office and signed off by Fr. Michael. The parish office will close on Thursdays starting May 3rd. This is to get all requests that have been approved, on the calendar in the shortest amount of time. Thursday hours will be the same as Tuesday hours; open from 9am to 10am and 3pm to 4pm. The parish office will be closed inside the hours of 10am and 3pm on Thursday until the calendar is complete and you have all received an email with your requested dates. There will likely be some juggling but as was the case for the 2017/2018 calendar – conflicts can be remedied.
Requests handed in are not being placed on a first-come, first-served basis although there are several standing events the church and school hosts which will be placed prior to all others. E.g., Altar of the Repose, RCIA, Parish Picnic, Men’s Club Holiday Food Baskets, Fiesta, FilAm Easter Egg Hunt, etc. etc. PDF forms (Facility Requests: Form 1 and Form 2) are attached for your convenience.
Please check for holidays where the office will likely be closed to see if any of your regularly scheduled on-going events that you are requesting bump into a holiday or a day where the office is closed. Since we will be issuing access codes for the parish center, this will likely not be a problem. No keys will be necessary in accessing the building and you are welcome to still put in for such days where the parish office is closed. If it is a holiday though, your group may not be meeting, therefore it may not be necessary to place a particular meeting on the calendar. Please make note of such days on the request form. If it is not noted I will assume that you will still be meeting on—-let’s say for example, the day prior to Thanksgiving. If that is what you want, that’s okay. If not, best not to have it on your request so that it doesn’t make it on the calendar which will in turn make it into the bulletin in “This Week’s Events”, so please take care to note such dates when inputting your regularly scheduled mtgs.
Access Codes – give them to your group! When you are assigned an access code to the Parish Center, please give the code to those in your group. The code will work ONLY in the time you specify on your facility request form. Give yourself time for Set-Up if that is needed and specify that set-up time on your request form. The code will not work one minute prior nor will it work one minute after the requested times written on the facility request form.
CHURCH, BOCCE and FIELD
Contact Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org for use of the Church.
Contact Nikki at email@example.com for the use of the Field.
Contact Camille at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Bocce Courts.
Once the calendar is complete, a link will be sent out that you’ll want to Bookmark for easy access. PLEASE BOOKMARK IT! The calendar is self-updating and being able to see your events at a glance when needing to make a change or you just want to take a look to see what’s happening at SFC, having the link Bookmarked on your end will be handy for you and for me.
The calendar is visible to all SFC groups and several outside groups who put in requests for rooms or halls.
You will see the parish office closed during the 2018/2019 facilities calendar year for various holidays and in-office staff / school mtgs., including Tuesdays where the office is closed but I am in the office working. I do not answer the door or the phone. When you hear of or see in the bulletin that the parish office is closed, it does not mean that the parish center is closed. Please put in for those times regardless when booking your dates because you will have access. The office does not need to be open or available because you will have your access code.
Tentative Scripture Class Planned for June
Under the direction of Charlotte LeMay, St. Frances Cabrini offers advanced religious education for adults.
A tentative, condensed class is planned to begin June 18. More details will be made know as they become available.
Scripture Classes provide advanced education re: the Bible, Church, Saints etc.
- MANDATE: Conduct 2-3 classes each year (6-10 weeks duration)
- MEETING TIMES: Fall, Winter (possible Summer as above) in Essig Hall;7-9 pm;
1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Mondays
- FORMAT: Video and workbook, Cost: $20.00
- CONTACT: Charlotte LeMay at 408-379-6517 for more information.